Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Meta Post Secret Forces

Secret Forces will have a lot of impact on the meta when it comes out. Its Important to be prepared for what happens. 

Right now we have a 3 deck format consisting of Burning Abyss, Qliphort and Shaddolls and Nekroz will take the place of shaddoll as the third best deck this format. Burning Abyss and Qliphorts are both better than Nekroz but, none the less Nekroz will still be a strong deck this coming format. As we look at the previous OCG formats we can see the Qliphorts and Nekroz were constantly battling for the tittle of the best deck (mainly because OCG didn't have burning Abyss). I personally think that Qliphorts have an edge on Nekroz because Qliphort Stealth's effect to bounce a monster to the hand without letting your opponent respond to it with Trishula's effect.

I don't think Shaddolls will be completely shoved out of the competitive scene by Nekroz. I just think that there will be less shaddoll players. The top tiers will be arranged in this order of the best decks.
1 Burning Abyss
2 Qliphorts
3 Nekroz
4 Shaddolls
The reason I put Burning Abyss as the best deck is because it can gain card advantage fast and cycle through it's cards, giving it infinite resources.

We also know by looking at the previous OCG formats, that Heroes played a big role as one the top decks that format. In the TCG we will be getting the hero structure deck around the same time we get Secret Forces; Which means Heroes will join the fight for the best deck. I also think heroes will come in the top deck list under Shaddolls. The next few weeks will have a huge impact in the TCG meta.

You may be thinking Where do Spirit Beasts come in the picture?. I think that Spirit Beasts are very subpar compared to the other decks I mentioned earlier. Don't get me wrong, Spirit Beasts are still a good deck. They just aren't good enough to compete in this format unless they had 3 Macro Cosmos. They are a lot like Yang Zings; they are good, but not good enough to top an event.

Tell me what you think about the impact that Nekroz will have on the upcoming meta.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, nice blog you have here! In case you are interested in writing and willing to "join forces" with me in order to create a bigger blog about tcgs, please contact me at "babrou93@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...